Tuesday 12 May 2015

If Conditional I,II,III

If Conditional I,II,III
Type I- likely
If + Simple Present , will + infinite
Ø It is possible and also very likely that the condition will be fulfilled.
Type I- unlikely
If + Simple Past , would + infinite
Ø It is possible but very unlikely, that the condition will be fulfilled.
Type I- impossible
If Past Perfect , would have pp
Ø It is impossible that the condition will be fulfilled because it refers to the past.

Exercise (1): Conditional Sentences Type I
1.     If you ____________ (go)  out with your friends tonight, I____________ (watch)  the football match on TV.
2.   I ____________ (earn)  a lot of money if I ____________ (get)  that job.
3.   If she____________ (hurry / not) , we ____________ (miss)  the bus.
Exercise (2): Conditional Sentences Type II
1.     If he ____________ (try)  harder, he ____________ (reach)  his goals.
2.   I ____________ (buy)  these shoes if they ____________ (fit) .
3.   It ____________ (surprise / not)  me if he ____________ (know / not)  the answer.
Exercise (3): Conditional Sentences Type III
1.     If we ____________ (listen)  to the radio, we ____________ (hear)  the news.
2.   If you ____________ (switch)  on the lights, you ____________ (fall / not)  over the chair.
3.   She____________ (come)  to our party if she ____________ (be / not)  on holiday.
Complete the Conditional Sentences with the correct form (Type I, II or III).
1.     If I ____________(be) stronger, I'd help you carry the piano.
2.   If we'd seen you, we ____________(stop) .
3.   If we  ____________ (meet) him tomorrow, we'll say hello.
4.   He would have repaired the car himself if he  ____________(have) the tools.
5.    If you drop the vase, it ____________(break) .
6.   If I hadn't studied, I  ____________(not pass) the exam.
7.    I wouldn't go to school by bus if I  ____________(have) a driving licence.
8.   If she ____________ (see) him every day, she'd be lovesick.
9.   I   ____________ (not travel) to London if I don't get a cheap flight.

10.                      We'd be stupid if we  ____________(tell) him about our secret.

Conditional Sentences Type I
Complete the Conditional Sentences Type I.
§  If you go out with your friends tonight, I will watchDescription: (i) the football match on TV.
§  I will earn a lot of money if I getDescription: (i) that job.
§  If she does not hurry, we will missDescription: (i) the bus.
Conditional Sentences Type II
Complete the Conditional Sentences Type II.
§  If he tried harder, he would reachDescription: (i) his goals.
§  I would buy these shoes if they fittedDescription: (i) .
§  It would not surprise me if he did not knowDescription: (i) the answer.
Conditional Sentences Type III
Complete the Conditional Sentences Type III.
§  If we had listened to the radio, we would have heardDescription: (i) the news.
§  If you had switched on the lights, you would not have fallenDescription: (i) over the chair.
§  She would have come to our party if she had not beenDescription: (i) on holiday.
Conditional Sentences Type I, II or III
Complete the Conditional Sentences with the correct form (Type I, II or III).
§  If I wereDescription: (i) stronger, I'd help you carry the piano.
§  If we'd seen you, we would have stoppedDescription: (i) .
§  If we meetDescription: (i) him tomorrow, we'll say hello.
§  He would have repaired the car himself if he had hadDescription: (i) the tools.
§  If you drop the vase, it will breakDescription: (i) .
§  If I hadn't studied, I would not have passedDescription: (i) the exam.
§  I wouldn't go to school by bus if I hadDescription: (i) a driving licence.
§  If she didn't seeDescription: (i) him every day, she'd be lovesick.
§  I won't travelDescription: (i) to London if I don't get a cheap flight.
§  We'd be stupid if we toldDescription: (i) him about our secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment